Thursday, December 9, 2010

Learn Computing From The Kids

Like it or not, the younger generation is well-versed in technology than the older generation. Of course, they have to be since they are born into technology. It is their time and they have to do their very best to master the current concepts in technology. The reason, information technology empowers one to accomplish things which otherwise could have taken centuries to accomplish in split-seconds.
How do you explain when the so-called experts in computer security build what they view impenetrable systems only to be broken into by a lad of two(just exaggerating). I think it is high time the old folks humbly went to the younger folks to seek ways to do things right.
I have personally coached a kid who I deem crazy in logic than I do. I learn a lot from them. In actual fact, I wouldn't have mastered several concepts if I humbled myself not.
Humility should be the breath a computing professional breathes. It pays a lot and from personal experience, there is no better way to compute than to humble oneself and learn from other professionals because no matter your level of expertise, others know something you don't know or you have not heard of before.
Nothing pays than being humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment