Monday, December 20, 2010

Browser Independent CSS Rounded Corners

This site gives clean css enabled rounded corners without images. http://www.html.it/articoli/nifty/index.html. Developing web applications using strictly CSS in developing rounded corners is the best practise since one will not be punished by Internet Explorer (Web developer's headache). Web developers are frantically looking forward to IE9 as the browser which will relieve them of millenniums of headache.
As a Microsoft disciple, my fellow web developers always make noise into my ears that Microsoft products are the worst on the market. I personally have nothing against any technology. Meeting crazy deadlines is my top priority and any OS which helps me to get things done faster is what I cling to.
Developers can't do without Microsoft since currently, users are still using IE6. Developers don't build software solely for their personal activities. They build mostly for users and the OS that most users use is what should be their target.
Surely developers will be happy with IE9 since rounded corners can be easily made without resorting to images. But the technique above works in all browsers which is why I am crazy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment